1. B – The Bible is our final authority
We believe the Bible, consisting of the 66 books from Genesis to Revelation, is the Word of God and is the only complete and final revelation of the will of God to mankind.
- Man did not write it 2 Peter 1:21
- God Breathed it just as he breathed life into Adam – 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- God promised to, and has perfectly preserved it – Matthew 5:18
2. A – Autonomy of the Local Church
Every truly Baptist church is autonomous, having the freedom to govern itself and control its own affairs apart from any church affiliations or outside influence.
- Christ is the head of the church Ephesians 1:20-23
3. P – The Priesthood of the Individual Believer
Each believer has direct access to God through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
1 Timothy 2:5; 1 Peter 2:9; Hebrews 4:16
4. T – Two Ordinances
a. Baptism by immersion after salvation is a picture of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Romans 6:3-5
b. Communion – a memorial, instituted by Christ Himself. 1 Corinthians 11:23-25
5. I – Individual Soul Liberty
a. We have a Free Will Revelation 22:17
b. Each of us in individually accountable unto God 1 Corinthians 3:13
6. S – Separation
a. Separation of the believer from the world 2 Corinthians 6:17
b. Separation of church and state – the church does not have the authority to dictate the actions of the government nor does the government have the right to dictate the actions of the church. Acts 4:17-19
- All that being said, the church does have the responsibility to be involved in influencing the government by voting, writing leaders, & running for office.
7. T – Two offices Philippians 1:1
a. Pastor – the bible calls pastors bishops and elders Titus 1:5 & 7
b. Deacons – 1 Timothy 3:8
- Difference between a Deacon and a Pastor Acts 6:1-4
8. S – Salvation Doctrine – Ephesians 2:8-9